Job Title: Summer Maintenance
Date: May 14th – October 6th, 2018
Reports to: Jim Baird, Chair and/or Sara Forbes, Village Clerk
Job summary: Mowing & whipper snipping grass, garbage collecting, general maintenance, gardening, hanging and care of flower baskets and banners, painting and other tasks as they arise. Hours will vary during season, 40 hours week maximum, unless authorized by commission. Position is unsupervised. Wage for the 2018 season will be $15.00/hour. Candidates must be willing and able to operate and maintain a John Deere 3046R Utility Tractor and equipment, owed by the Village Commission.
- Ensure the wearing proper safety clothing/vest, work boots, safety glasses, work gloves, on a daily basis.
- Keeping accurate time cards (provided) and submitting to clerk bi-weekly
- Mowing lawns within village limits, including all trim (area where 311 & # 6 merge, between sidewalk and road from 311 to Lake Rd, Blair Avenue & Maple Avenue, area between Sunflower & MacEachern Insurance, hill across from MacEachern Insurance, area beside Library, and the hill on Main across from MacKay’s Bros building) on a weekly basis.
- Collection of debris from trees, ensure complete on an as needed basis.
- Garbage and dog waste collection and disposal, ensure complete on weekly basis. (There may be another individual assisting with this task)
- General maintenance and painting of village structures, ensure complete on as needed basis.
- Watering and care of hanging baskets, ensure complete on a daily basis.
- Watering and care of flower planters and/or beds provided by the village, ensure complete on a daily basis.
- Lawn care of Campbell Shipyard Marina, garbage collection & disposal, cleaning of washroom facilities (clean & replacement of toilet paper), ensure complete on weekly basis
- General maintenance, tidying of flower beds and garbage removal at Patterson’s Wharf, ensure complete on weekly basis, along with routine inspections of property and wharf for any obvious issues.
- Pick up and placement of hanging baskets at first of season and disposal at end of season
- Installing banner mounts and hanging banners at the beginning of the season, and removing at the end, placing them in proper storage.
- General maintenance & care of all equipment, ensure complete on daily basis, and reporting any problems or issues to the Village Clerk and/or Jim Baird.
Please submit your resume to Sara Forbes, Clerk Treasurer via mail or email by April 21st, 2018: